These online poker sites accept both MoneyGram® deposits from US players. In case you’re unable to make a deposit with a credit, debit or a gift card, you can use MoneyGram® at these US poker sites. If you need instructions on how to make an online poker deposit using MoneyGram®, just scroll down the page and you’ll find some.
- MoneyGram® deposits accepted.
- Big deposit bonuses.
- 24/7 customer support.
|Top US Poker Sites in 2021|
|1.||8.45Review||100%up to$1,000||Play Now|
|2.||7.75Review||100%up to$2,500||Play Now|
What Is MoneyGram®?
MoneyGram® is a global money transfer service based in the US. The service is owned by MoneyGram® International, Inc. which became a publicly traded company in 2004.
Nowadays, MoneyGram® has over 200,000 live agent locations, operates in more than 190 countries and is considered the second biggest money transfer business in the world.
MoneyGram® Poker Deposits
- Contact a MoneyGram® poker site (via e-mail, for instance) to get their MoneyGram® transfer details, which you’re going to need to send them money.
- Go to a local MoneyGram® location with the transfer details mentioned above and your personal ID. In case you want to handle the transfer online, go to their website.
- After sending the money, you’ll receive a reference number. Save it – you’re going to need it.
- Contact your poker site to tell them the reference number (via e-mail, for instance).
- Your poker site verifies the transfer.
- The money will be in your poker site account after the poker site has verified the transfer.
- To cashout, initiate the cashout from your poker site cashier.
- Your poker site provides you with a reference number and sender’s name.
- Go to your local MoneyGram® location with personal ID and the transfer details to collect the money.
MoneyGram® Online Poker Fees
MoneyGram® poker sites charge nothing on their own but MoneyGram® itself charges a fee for a deposit transaction.
As mentioned in the table above, websites such as BetOnline Poker actually cover MoneyGram®’s own deposit fees when you deposit more than $300 at a time.
It’s the opposite with withdrawal fees; MoneyGram® poker sites do charge for withdrawals, but MoneyGram® itself doesn’t charge any fees for withdrawal transactions. Unfortunately, these withdrawal fees are quite significant.
Note: At Carbon Poker, MoneyGram® can only be used to deposit money, and you can withdraw the money via a check.
MoneyGram® Processing Times
After depositing from a MoneyGram® location, the money should be in your player account within hours.
You’ll need to provide the poker room with the reference number of the deposit to start the transfer process, therefore the time it takes for the money to be on your player’s account depends on how fast the poker room in question processes the transfer.
Withdrawals take anywhere from 12 to 36 hours, meaning you should have the money ready to be collected in your local MoneyGram® location in 36 hours after requesting the withdrawal.
Is MoneyGram® Safe?
MoneyGram® is one of the biggest money transfer businesses in the world with over 200,000 agent locations (the second biggest according to Wikipedia). Companies such as Goldman Sachs and THL have significant ownerships of MoneyGram®. I see no reason to doubt the reliability of the company.
However, when you’re dealing with online money transactions, scams are always a possibility. MoneyGram® has actually published a page of common scams that people try to pull-off through MoneyGram®. In short, I believe the service to be as safe as they come but remember to always acknowledge and avoid dangers online.