One of the pioneers of online gaming, NetEnt emerged from a land-based Scandinavian casino operation in 1996. Since that time, they've grown their customer base to include some of the biggest online casinos in the industry, and their software has become renowned for its unique and profitable games.
The purpose of this article is to provide a basic level of information regarding NetEnt. We'll look at their biggest clients, as well as those who've proven unreliable in the past. I'll also discuss some of their leading games and the strength of their random number generator.
Net Entertainment Customers
NetEnt has over 70 customers running their software, and many of these are among the largest gaming operators in the world. Here's a brief sample of what you can expect to find when searching for casinos that use NetEnt:
- Mr Green
- Casino Euro
- Gold Bet
Rogue NetEnt Casinos
A rogue casino is one that fails to adhere to the high standards expected from the casino software provider. This undesirable behavior can include everything from failure to pay winnings to poor customer service. Fortunately, watchdog sites such as Casinomeister exist to expose such operations and help potential gamblers navigate the often treacherous waters of the online gaming industry.
If you choose to play at a casino operated by Net Entertainment software, you may want to beware of the following sites. They have been cited for rogue behavior in the past, although there is a chance that they might turn things around in the future. To paraphrase an old saying, "Let the gambler beware."
Plum Gaming - Licensed in Malta, this casino has drawn complaints for failure to pay winnings and not replying to customer queries.
Stryyke Casino - This operation combines an online casino with a sportsbetting operation. In either case, players have complained of a general level of incompetence and several examples of winnings being confiscated without sufficient cause.
Casino Games from Net Entertainment
NetEnt has a selection of over 200 games to choose from, and many are licensed properties based on popular movies and television shows. While new games are added all the time, the following list represents what you can expect to find at a casino powered by Net Entertainment.
- Creature from the Black Lagoon - A 5-reel, 20-line slot that features the legendary movie monster from Universal Studios. Save a beautiful damsel from the creature while collecting free spins, re-spins, wild substitutions, sticky wilds, and spreading wilds.
- Scarface - Take on the role of Tony Montana, a Cuban refugee turned Miami drug kingpin. There are nudge spins and free spins to look for, as well as a bonus game that recreates the film's climactic shootout.
- South Park - Join Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny in this video slot version of the popular Comedy Central show. There are bonus games for each character, as well as mini-features, sticky wilds, free spins, and wild substitutions.
- Aliens - A video slot with 5 reels, 3 rows, and 15 lines. There are three levels to complete while trying to survive the onslaught of the deadly xenomorphs, and you'll also encounter collectable multipliers, re-spins, and wild substitutions.
Random Number Generator
If you talk to 10 online gamblers, I'm willing to bet that at least half of them will express doubt over the fairness of random number generators for Internet casinos. While there's nothing I can say that's going to totally reverse the position of a paranoid player, I do want to highlight some of the extreme methods that NetEnt undertakes in order to assure their customers of a consistently fair gaming experience.
- Independent testing is performed and certified by iTech Labs. This includes systems, practices, and algorithms.
- All testing is performed with a large sample size, which is always enough to provide sufficient statistical reliability.
- The shuffling algorithm is utilized to make sure a random result is achieved each time the cards are shuffled. Tests are performed on 8-deck games, as well as 6-deck, 4-deck, and single-deck (with one joker and no joker).
- A comprehensive scaling test is performed on scratch card games, as well as roulette and slot games.
- All checks for randomness use the diehard method of tests developed by George Marsaglia in the 1990s. This testing method includes such bizarre names as the "monkey tests" and "birthday spacings."
While playing at a casino run by NetEnt isn't going to guarantee a winning streak, you can count on an enjoyable and hassle-free experience every time. The fact that they're traded on the Nasdaq OMX Stockholm and keep offices in Sweden, Ukraine, Malta, and Gibraltar also provides an additional level of customer security. If you've never tried their product before, I suggest opening a free account and taking their unique games for a spin.